Mon, 11 Jul|
Quaker Meeting House Bangor
Pregnancy Wellbeing Course
Pregnancy Yoga, Meditation and Wellbeing for Pregnancy, Birth and Motherhood: 5 week course
Time & Location
11 Jul 2022, 18:30 – 20:30
Quaker Meeting House Bangor, 6 Dean St, Bangor LL57 1UP, UK
About the event
This is an opportunity for you to slow down, pause, and listen to your own instincts and insights as a pregnant woman. It is an opportunity to be part of a community of other women, to share our stories with one another and to learn from each other. We will do some yoga to begin with, followed by a period of time to speak and reflect on the theme of the week, followed by a deep relaxation or meditation, and a snack at the end!
1. Physical Wellbeing in Pregnancy: adapting to changes in the physical body
2. Emotional/Psychological Wellness in Pregnancy: riding the waves and embracing the transformation of pregnancy
3. Preparing for Birth: choice, instincts, consent; the basic needs of a woman in labour
4. The Fourth Trimester: becoming a Mother (again); planning for postpartum rest; newborn care & our mothering instincts
5. Wellbeing for Mothers: revisiting aspects from the course; sharing tips and tools for the long-term
What to expect:
- 2 hour class every Monday for 5 weeks (with one week break; NO CLASS on 25th July)
- Yoga: stretch, move and realign the body
- Reflect: explore themes relating to Pregnancy, Birth and Motherhood; listen to others and speak your mind in a safe, confidential space (nobody has to speak, simply listening is welcome)
- Relax: we will complete each session with a deep relaxation/meditation to support your well-being and to assimilate all that has been spoken about and experienced during our time together.
- Snacks: light snacks will be provided at the end, please try to eat something before you come
- A safe and intimate group of no more than 10 people
- 11th and 18th July
- NO CLASS 25th July
- 1st, 8th and 15th August
Aims and ethos of the course:
My hope is that you will leave each session a little lighter in body and mind; feeling heard and listened to; feeling part of a community of other mothers, and a little more in tune with your own instincts and priorities. I don't believe there are any special techniques we need to learn or practice in order to give birth; our bodies were made to do it. I do believe that the environment and the people we have present at the time of our birth plays a huge part in how things turn out. I know also that life is full of surprises and to learn to adapt to these curve balls is what gives us strength and brings inner peace. Pregnancy and Birth hold an opportunity for immense transformation in a woman's life and it is my hope that this course will support you to find your own way through this incredible journey of childbearing and bringing life.
"Laura’s pregnancy group has enabled me to have a safe space to reflect and slow down, connect with other expectant parents and really accept all the emotions that arise throughout such an important time. A wonderfully reassuring way to embrace this incredible journey of discovery…" - Vikki
"The pregnancy sessions are a welcome warm space. Laura creates a relaxing environment, where we can be surrounded by a supportive circle and focus on self care and bonding with our babies. They’re my fortnightly reminder to be kind to myself!" - Halla
My mothering journey began 11 years ago, and I now have 3 children. I have been practicing yoga and meditation for 17 years and teaching yoga on and off for 12 years. I am a Birth Doula, accompanying women and families through the journey of pregnancy, birth and postpartum. I love to be amongst groups of women and to experience the gentle healing that it brings for us to be together. I am a huge advocate for self-led healing, living and birthing, and am a great believer that we can heal the world, one birth at a time.
Pregnancy Well-Being Course
5 week course£60.00